Today was pretty uneventful, as trip days go. We woke up, I took a shower, got annoyed at Derek for not packing fast enough and dawdling a bit, we left exactly on time. You know. Standard. Usual. Expected.
We drove back to Madison and asked Derek's mom what she'd like for dinner. The choice ended up being Halal Cart Chicken with White Sauce, one of our favorites. Well. Not the chicken for me, obviously. Since the townhouse in Madison is Beth's second home, she didn't have a full kitchen, so Derek and I went back out to the grocery store to grab everything for halal cart. We tooled around what was an impressively large store...like a Costco, but not bulk items...and got fairly lost trying to navigate our way to exactly the things we needed. My biggest takeaway from Woodman's?
Corn milk. Which...if I'm being honest, is more than likely fucking delicious. I was intensely curious about it, but since I'm keto for what feels like forever, I could not have it. Derek is currently keto, as well, so he couldn't even be my guinea pig about it. Alas, we will depart ways, corn milk, with neither of us knowing what the other is like on the inside.
We made Derek's mom dinner, I was pleased that she was so impressed, and then we went to bed. Derek and I had to be up early for our most anticipated day: the last two thirds of our rock adventure.

No comments:
Post a Comment