Sunday, September 27, 2026

There Are No Bears in the Sky: National Parks Trip Preface 4 of 4 (I think this is the last one!)

It is the Sunday before our trip!!! It's been so busy today, Derek and I ran around running errands and getting last minute stuff, and when we got home, I was cooking and baking and prepping food stuff. We still have a few things to do tomorrow, and I'm going to try and do one more thing tonight (my vegan tuna salad), but I think we're set to go at 6am Tuesday morning!

Do I know everywhere we're going yet? 

No I do not. However, it is also none of my business. That is Drea and Derek of the future's problem, I am blissfully here in the now/past and I feel fine about it. 




Pumpkin chocolate chip loaves, breakfast granola cookies, and banana chocolate chip loaves. All keto. All vegetarian. Vegetarian is easier when I'm traveling, I need more protein because I'm busier, so eggs really help me out. 


It isn't like they're any cuter outside of their tins. They're pretty ugly, but very tasty. The breakfast cookies especially I have been making for years and years and years. They are VERY nutritionally dense, and super easy, so they made a ton of sense for this trip. 

Snacks, you say? Snacks are a must. I am big on snacks when I am adventuring, so I made sure Derek and I will have a bunch. Here are Derek's snacks:




 Glorious! Praise be to the lordess of snacks!

Speaking of the lordess of snacks, here are mine:




What you can't see behind my fruit snacks are the vegan jerkies I got from Louisville Jerky. I've got 8 bags that I'll be eating half of every day. 

Tomorrow I'll be making 8 nights of dinner for myself, Derek will be making his dinners, and then the car gets packed and we head out Tuesday morning. Something keeps telling me to like, write out a life plan in case I get alpine divorced or something. I for real have been debating writing my kids letters, and writing out instructions for my dad in case I die or some shit while I'm traveling. I usually get this way when I travel for extended periods of time, not to brag. 

I feel very prepared for this trip, but also like there's still so much left to do. I just checked the weather, and if it holds through, we're looking at amazing conditions for the next two weeks. 

Well. I think the next time I write in here, it'll be to catalogue the actual trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment