Wednesday, September 23, 2026

There are no bears in the sky: National Park Trip preface 3 of ?

Sub one week until Derek and I leave on our trip!!!

And I'm no closer to having our trip completely plotted out. I was messaging my girlfriend about it yesterday morning and she was like, "you've got time!" and I responded with, "...I really don't." I loved her enthusiasm but do not share it. Time is quickly slipping away and once we get on the road, we will not be able to just...cobble together a plan. And Derek and I  have so much to do for the trip this weekend. We have to detail the car, deep clean the house, pack, clean our gear, and I will be spending Sunday baking two different kinds of mini loaves, and several batches of my patented energy cookies (they're full of cocaine!), several batches of my vegan tuna salad, my vegan chili mac, and a week's worth of dinners for myself. I am mostly concerned about our time in Yellowstone and Grand Teton for food, once we get to Colorado I will be fine. We'll be heading to Jinya in Denver, I'm very excited, and there are other places I can have vegan food, but that leaves two days in between Wyoming and Colorado where I'll be driftless. Foodless. What is a girl to do! I for sure understand that being a vegan is a privilege, but it is hard to be a vegan with dietary restrictions on the road. I know, I know, I hear myself and hate myself. 

We bought bulk stuff to make our own electrolyte mix. I have to find powdered salt today, or at least as fine a grind as I can. I'm heading out to Rolla to go to Ross and TJ Maxx to look, because they usually have that kind of shit. I know the stuff I have to do is ultimately a pleasure, and I'm very privileged to be able to go on a two week trip in this economy and climate, I wish I could enjoy the whole of it and not feel deeply stressed by everything leading up to it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment